Welcome to our question and answer page.
If you have questions about our club
or what it takes to become a member
you'll find those questions answered here.
We have 48 members as we start our 2016-2017 calendar year.
Come to one of our meetings! Greeters at the door can answer questions. Meetings are the first Thursday of the month September through May at 9:30 a.m. We love having guests! Also check out the other pages in our website and visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/FriendswoodHeritageGardeners.
After you attend two meetings you can sign up as a member.
We hold our meetings at our clubhouse The Marie Workman Garden Center. It is right behind the Friendswood library off FM518 (Friendswood Dr.) at 112 W. Spreading Oaks, Friendswood, TX . We're the little pale yellow house across from the Perry house.
The club functions best when everyone participates to help the club run smoothly.
Membership Responsibilities are:
1. Pay dues on time. Dues are only $35 per year. Due when you join, or in April prior to the start of the new membership year which starts in September.
2. Make an effort to attend meetings. You'll enjoy the program speakers, great food, fellowship, monthly floral designs presented by the hostesses, fun activities and other events to become involved in, and of course to get to know fellow members better and create friendships.
3. Participate as one of the monthly hostesses at a monthly meeting. Along with the key hostess and other hostesses, you plan light refreshments for the Meet and Greet prior to our meeting. Hostesses also plan a floral design to display at the meeting.
4. Act as a docent for one afternoon for the Christmas Home Tour and Spring Garden Tour unless you are involved in an associated activity like the plant sale or tearoom.
5. Participate in the club flower show in terms of helping stage the show or participating in it.
6. Serve on at least one club committee. There are so many you'll have no problem finding one that meshes with your interests.
7. Participate in club fund-raising activities in some capacity.